2020 Memberships now available
Better yet; sign up for automatic annual membership renewal:
If you don’t like paying online, download our Membership/Donation Form, and drop it in the mail.
After submitting your payment you will be added to our list and sent a membership card by email. You can present your membership card to receive the member benefits as listed below.
- In addition to supporting and joining a network of citizens working together to support cycling in our city, you’ll also receive these perks:
- Discounts at the following bike shops $$$
- Alter Ego Sports: 15% off helmets, clothes, accessories, tires
- Bikes & Beyond: 15% off accessories, clothes, helmets, tires
- Corydon Cycle & Sports: 15% off repairs, parts, accessories
- Natural Cycleworks: 15% off repairs, parts, accessories, rentals
- Olympia Cycle & Ski (St. Mary’s): 15% off parts, accessories, 10% off labour
- Olympia Cycle & Ski (Portage): 15% off helmets, clothes, accessories, tires
- Sampson’s Sporting Life: 15% off parts, accessories and repairs
- Spartan Sports: 15% off parts, accessories and repairs
- Woodcock Cycle Works: 15% off parts and accessories
All current Bike Winnipeg members receive a $50 driving credit and $25 registration fee waived (valid to both casual drivers and Co-op members) when they join Peg City Car Co-op using promo code: BIKEWPG
- Members also receive voting rights at our AGM. Add your voice to the future of cycling in Winnipeg!
If you are able to contribute more than an individual membership please click on the donate button below. You will be investing in the positive future of cycling in our city. Thank you!
Become a sponsor:
To receive more information about the benefits of becoming a corporate or organizational sponsor of Bike Winnipeg please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bike Winnipeg – Winnipeg’s Voice for Cycling Advocacy
Bike Winnipeg has been a leading advocate for better cycling facilities and programs in Winnipeg since 2006. Our work has had a significant impact on the increasing number of people who are choosing to cycle in our city. This small non-profit group has scored many victories that add to the safety, enjoyment and convenience of cyclists across Winnipeg each and every day.
With your help, we can continue to expand our efforts to make cycling in Winnipeg a safe, enjoyable, accessible and convenient transportation choice year-round.
Bike Winnipeg’s Successes
- Convincing the City of Winnipeg develop its first ever Pedestrian and Cycling Strategies.
- Getting the City of Winnipeg to install Winnipeg’s first parking protected bicycle lane on Sherbrook .
- Lobbying for a separate Bicycle/Pedestrian Bridge as part of the Disraeli Bridges Rehabilitation Project.
- Successfully advocating for changes to Manitoba’s Driver’s Handbook.
- Advancing changes in the design of the Pembina Underpass project that will turn what is currently one of the worst intersections in the city for cyclists into one of its best.
- pushing municipal and provincial politicians to adopt bike-friendly policies;
- engaging candidates and voters in elections;
- advocating for the completion of the second phase of the Southwest Rapid Transit Corridor with separated cycling facilities to provide safe cycling routes to the U of M.;
- pushing hard to ensure that cycling infrastructure is included in the Polo Park Infrastructure Improvements, and many other city projects
- facilitating connectivity to current and future cycling facilities
- matching best practices for design
- organizing events to engage cyclists and help us determine what priorities we should be pushing for.
- participating in events like Bike Week Winnipeg to encourage more people to get out on their bikes; and
- hauling our display trailer to events across the city to engage, inform and encourage potential cyclists; and
- offering free bicycle valet service at community events across the city; and
- Running cycling skills courses to encourage safe cycling habits; and
- Our Annual Winnipeg Bicycle Traffic Counts to document Winnipeg’s growing bicycle traffic