- This event has passed.
Ride the Red History Tour
June 22 @ 10:00 - 12:00
Join us as we explore Winnipeg’s rich history on bike with some of the city’s leading historians.
Eric Napier Strong of Seven Oaks House Museum is our guide for the Ride the Red
Historic Bike Tour, sharing Winnipeg’s early history as we follow one of the city’s most scenic rides along the Red River. The tour will help you better understand
- Early European (French/Scottish/English) settlement
- Indigenous/settle/Metis cultural exchanges and interactions
- The importance of the Red River and the effects of the of flooding (particularly 1825 & 1852) on early historic sites
- Fur trade associated political struggles and the Pemmican War waged between the North-West Company and the Hudson’s Bay Company
- The political birth of Manitoba
- The evolution of Red River style architecture/construction
Date: Saturday, June 22nd
Time: 10 am – 12 noon
Start/End Location: Le Musée de Saint-Boniface Museum (494 Tache Ave)
Cost: $20 non-members/$15 members
Hosting a cycling related event in Winnipeg? If it fits within our event list posting guidelines, we'd be happy to post it for you. Please email us at email@example.com.