The Egerton-Youville-Enfield-St. Jean Baptiste Neighbourhood Greenway would provide Winnipeg with a low stress north/south bike route through the neighbourhoods of Glenwood, Norwood East, Central St. Boniface, and North St. Boniface. Major destinations that would be provided with a connection into the bike network by the Egerton-Youville-Enfield-St. Jean Baptiste Neighbourhood Greenway include:
- College Louis Riel
- Notre Dame Recreational Centre
- Ecole Provencher
- Bertrand Arena
- Ecole Henri Bergeron
- Heather Curling Club
- Safeway (indirect via Braemar St)
- Glenwood School (indirect via Blenheim Ave)
- Glenwood Community Club (indirect via Harrowby Ave)
In the absence of cycling facilities along St. Anne’s Rd or Des Meurons St, the Egerton-Youville-Enfield-St. Jean Baptiste Neighbourhood Greenway can act as an alternative north/south route.
The route is almost as direct as Des Meurons (riders on this route should experience less than a minute or two in extra riding time as compared with the Des Meurons route.), and can’t be beaten for its aesthetics.
The 2017 Southeast Corridor study produced a recommended design for the Egerton-Youville-Enfield-St. Jean Baptiste Neighbourhood Greenway, but there is currently no funding in place to follow through with implementation of the recommended design.
Requested Candidate Commitments
- Commit to funding full implementation the recommended designs of the Southeast Corridor Study for a Neighbourhood Greenway along Egerton St, Youville St, Enfield Cr, and St. Jean Baptiste St.
Southeast Corridor Study (City of Winnipeg)