- This event has passed.
Fort Garry/Linden Woods Bike Network Tour
May 16 @ 19:00 - 21:00Free
We all know that getting into, out of, or around Fort Garry on a bike can be a bit of a challenge, but that’s set to change over the next 2-3 years. Construction projects (both major and minor) and studies are lined up across Fort Garry that will make it a lot easier to get around the neighbourhood on your bike. It’s a change we’re thrilled to see, and one we want to share with you.
Join Bike Winnipeg, Councillors Jenny Gerbasi and John Orlikow, and MLA James Allum on a ride through Fort Garry and Linden Woods where you will:
- Learn about the cycling facilities planned as part of ongoing and planned construction projects in Fort Garry:
- Southwest Rapid Transit Corridor
- Waverley Underpass
- Chevrier Reconstruction
- Bishop Grandin Crossing Development
- Pembina Highway Buffered Bike Lanes
- See how these projects build on the existing bike network;
- See where we still need to extend the network to ensure that everyone gets connected;
- Learn about opportunities to influence the continuing development of the bicycle network in Fort Garry and Linden Woods
- East Fort Garry Study
- Bishop Grandin Greenway AT Bridge over Pembina
When: Tuesday, May 16th 7-9pm
Start: Byng Park (Riverside and Byng in East Fort Garry)
End: BDI for Ice Cream (sorry, but you’ll have to buy your own) and further discussion
Length: About 15 km/1 ½ hours travel time, plus a ½ hour for ice cream and discussion
The ride will be at a casual pace and mainly on local streets (with the exception of Chevrier) and is suitable for all ages (12 and under need to be accompanied by an adult).
Registration is required, and space is limited, so sign up now!
Hosting a cycling related event in Winnipeg? If it fits within our event list posting guidelines, we'd be happy to post it for you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.